Home Grown

Home Grown

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Our Baby is 4!


I can't believe Tiarnan is now 4. Having had 6 babies over a period of 10 years and enjoying Tiarnan's babyhood as long as possible ( he was breastfed for the best part of 3 years compared to only a year for the others as there was always another catching up behind! ), it's hard to remember a time when we weren't organising our lives around the needs of a baby. And whilst all six children will always be my 'babies' we don't have an actual baby anymore which is unfamiliar territory. I think that as I had each new baby, I appreciated that little bit more, each extra chance to mother a newborn, taking less for granted as I got older. As the other children were older when Tiarnan was born they also got to enjoy him as well as Justin and I, so his time as a baby was extra special.
We are now entering a new phase of our lives, as parents of older children, and having been blessed with the opportunity to mother so many beautiful babies I now feel ready to embrace that change.

Tiarnan served his cake his way, giving everyone a piece of the top layer before the  bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment