Home Grown

Home Grown

Wednesday 17 July 2013

We survived!



Okay so the last little while has been tough, but we survived. The guys found it hard with me being in hospital and all their 'normality' turned on it's head. Whatever my shortcomings may or may not be I am always here. In another room, outside maybe or busy, but always at the end of a 'Mammy' yell. Even if I occasionally pop into town with just one or two of the guys, one of  the others will invariably ring me with a query or 'when will you be home?'. So it was tricky. Then once home I was still out of action with Grandma running the show when Justin was at work. Handing over the mantle and letting someone else call the shots is hard but I just had to keep in mind the big picture and run with it. The children were brilliant, really stepping up to the mark and doing their best to help. Although we believe strongly in working together and developing a strong work ethic there were often times in the past when I took the path of least resistance and would end up doing clean up solo. With that not having been an option we had to have a bit of a shake up with sharing the chores and even though I am now well, we have a better ongoing balance of the workload. The guys are also more appreciative of the little things now, like my being able to drive again after 6 weeks ( they found that one tough) and us all being well, able and together.


2 comments:

  1. Great news! Well done to you all. Anna did a great job on the guest post too. Stay well, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, it's great to be back to normal, whatever that may be!

      Delete