Home Grown

Home Grown

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Eoin turns 8


My beautiful boy turned 8!
I remember the moment the ultrasonographer told us we were expecting a boy!
At 6 weeks old he was pale, fretful, obviously in pain and losing weight. I still well up when I see pictures of him from that period. Various diagnoses were suggested, including cystic fibrosis, and he was admitted to hospital . 24 hours later he was diagnosed with severe, silent reflux and was started on medication. He remained medicated for the next 10 months, threw up constantly and continued to be painfully thin, but was okay. He is now smaller than his siblings but he is well and for that we are thankful.
He and his brother bring balance to our family. I would not be the mother I am without the experience and challenges of raising boys as well as girls. We hope too that being raised together, the girls will have a better understanding of boys and visa versa. Our family is busy, noisy, chaotic and wonderful.



Each day I am in awe of the blessings in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment